Saturday

Life Skills

I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been flattened by a truck.  We did school this week but we also did a lot of very physical Life Skills work.  

The older children helped me paint the den, the kitchen and the dining area. 
 
We also planted 360 sq. feet of cold weather veggies: potatoes, onions, brussel sprouts, collard greens, tunip greens, and beets in our community garden.  Stop by on Monday to see our gardening progress.  We are keeping up with the time, money, and labor spent on our community garden project as part of our home school.  If you want to join us, I'll have a Monday linky set up so we can all share our gardening joy/hard work.

My 8 yo and 10 yo planted a 4x4 salad garden at home as well.  Which I forgot to assign someone the job of covering.  I've not had the heart yet to look this morning to see how the lettuce did overnight.
 

My 15 yo, who would prefer to eat only artisan breads and chocolate, laughingly said, "So I get to work hard planting and weeding in order to eat vegetables I don't like anyway?"
Why yes. 

My oldest turns 18 tomorrow.  Officially, he only has to finish up his english tutorial and a few more chapters of physics.  Also, I assigned him a paper on his core values and why he believes what he believes.  It will be the wrap-up for his philosophy class.  

Pinch me, either I'm about to graduate one of my children or I'm just dreaming!

I'm looking at Farther Up and Further In curriculum for my to be 9 and 11 yo for next year, just to shake things up.  Has anyone used this that would be willing to tell me what they think- positive or negative?


Have a great weekend and check out  Weekly Wrap-up for a week's worth of learning from families around the world.

4 comments:

  1. love your blog header, it's new, isn't it? Totally how I feel most homeschool days...all crumpled up!

    we just started working on our garden this weekend, had to hen and labradoodle-proof it again, those hens really know how to defeat a fence!

    I'll link up when I have some pics and actual progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hen Jen, My son did this header and the one for my main blog a month or so ago. I've asked him to design a button for each blog as well. He loves any reason to design something on the computer.

    Pets and gardens... grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm exhausted just reading about it. Get some much deserved rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog via Weekly Wrap-Up. (Love your title, BTW--sounds a lot like mine!) I look forward to browsing through your past posts. Congrats on the upcoming graduation! That seems so far away for me right now, but I'm sure it will go fast. Thanks for sharing your week!

    ReplyDelete